Sunday, January 7, 2018

Project 57: Retirement Aloha Shirt

Early in 2017, a longtime co-worker announced his plans to retire at the end of the year. He had often commented on a particular one of my Aloha shirts, and asked me if I would make one for him. Tailors choice of design, etc. I was quite happy to accept the commission, especially since we're the same size and I wouldn't have to create a one-time use pattern.

The fabric that I had used had shiny gold ink in the design, which though fabulous for a showy person like myself, would have been too much for the laid-back retiring scientist. I decided to do some color blocking to reduce the overall shine and told him that his shirt would be hand-wash / hang dry. He said that was fine.

I love it. He loves it.

Happy retirement, Mark!




No comments: