1) What was the best thing that happened to you at
2) What was the most difficult thing that happened to you at
3) What are your goals for
Since I won't be having a birthday party this year, I'm going to answer the questions here on the blog.
1) The best thing that happened while I was 41 was starting to work on my solo CD. I'm enjoying the process, feeling hugely enthusiastic and energetic about it and improving as a musician.
2) The most difficult thing that happened while I was 41 was by a country mile the 10 days I spent under the threat of having my federal contract slashed to the point that I wouldn't be able to support myself. I have spent the last 8 months recovering from that week. I developed central serous retinopathy, heart arythmia, and degraded pulmonary function. My doctors assure me that I can recover from all these conditions, by the way.
This experience, however, has had a couple of positive out comes. My future mother-in-law spontaneously reassured me that if I were in desperate straights that she would help. That offer of help was a game-changing event in our relationship.
I also got super-motivated to pay off my second mortage (the kind you get when you don't have enough for a down payment) which I did last week.
3) While I'm 42 I intend to:
a) lose 42 pounds
b) release my solo CD
Wish me luck, everyone! Thanks in advance for your birthday wishes. If you forget my birthday, however, you are on my list; Watch your backs.