- What was the best thing that happened to you at [insert age]?
- What was the most difficult thing that happened to you at [insert age]?
- What are your goals for [insert next year age]?
Since I won't be having a birthday party this year, I'm going to answer the questions here on the blog.
- The best thing that happened while I was 42 was the trip to teach at Big Sky Folk Harp Festival in Montana. Lingoman went with me, which made it very enjoyable. While I was there, I attended a workshop by Debra Henson-Conant that clarified my need to sing on my CD. I've started voice lessons for the first time since college and have been lucky enough to make huge strides in my vocal skills.
- The most difficult thing was my first bout of depression since I was in my twenties. It might have been brought on by too many years of breakneck activity. I'm going to hope so, since I just don't have time left to be depressed.
- My goals (unfortunately) remain the same as last year. I've only lost 18 pounds instead of 40 and my CD is far from done. Progress not perfection, right?