Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Project 59: Handfasting Shirt

So, on 2 October 2019, Doug and I made it official in grand style. We had our handfasting ceremony at our beloved Olive and Grape here in homey Greenwood followed by a Greek taverna night to celebrate. Needless to say, I needed a new outfit.

I decided that the Retirement Aloha Shirt was the design I wanted and set about making it. I followed up with a new pair of black jeans, but they’re just like the ones before them, so I didn’t take a photograph.

A year and a day later, on 3 October 2020, we will be married at the Scottish Cultural Centre in Vancouver BC where we first met. I like circles.

1 comment:

Rockabilly Housewife said...

Aw, I love it! Gary and I got Maui'd in vintage Hawaiian. Well, my dress was vintage, his Hawaiian wedding shirt was custom tailored out of the scrap from my hem!